Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween Party

It's that time of year again. Here we go...the holidays. We're off and running with the first of the bunch. We had our first official Halloween (or as mommy called it: The Fall Fun) party. Nothing scary allowed, just funny or strange costumes only. It was great. I had 12 kids show up at my door, adorned head to toe in their best, most imaginative garb. There were three Star Wars characters, a Hannah Montana, a lady bug, a lizard girl and her sister the leopard. Oh, we can't forget my three favorites: The Clone Trooper, Cheerleader & Minnie Mouse! We even had some parents who were the best ever. She was Hermoine Granger (from Harry Potter), and he was an Arabic suitcase bomber - complete with shades and a ticking valet! (He's in the army, ok?) So funny.

The entire event was a loud, exhausting, and fun whirlwind of chaos and sugar. Note to self (and any others considering this dangerous mission): Don't ever have contests when there are little kids involved. Prizes become an issue! You'd think I would have remembered this little tidbit but alas, no. No I did not. Bad ju-ju. That's what my youngest daughter says when things don't go so well. "Mommy, that's bad ju-ju!" I think it's from a movie or something. Kids pick up on the funniest things. Overall though, I think everyone enjoyed themselves. There were enough snacks, prizes and sugar-filled bombs of delight to go around. So a good time was had by all. At least, until they all got home and tried to go to sleep. I still have parents thanking me for that one!

The moral of this story...If you're thinking of a Halloween Party, think FIRST! Then, go to someone else's and let them clean up! More later!

1 comment:

TwinLawyerMommy said...

How fun! I think "bad ju-ju" comes from "George of the Jungle," by the way.