Monday, November 17, 2008

Scrapping Madness

This weekend was a fun but exhausting one. I began the week fighting a cold, which in turn, proceeded to threaten my plans for the following weekend. My friends and I were scheduled to attend a convention designed for the sole purpose of feeding the addictions of many unfortunate souls. To what am I referring? Why, scrapbooking of course! Just think of it...hundreds of women (and a few brave men), filling a major downtown building in Belleview, in order to peruse, purchase and later consume a mass of paper products. Why you may ask? Because...because it's necessary, um, for the future betterment of generations to come! Yeah, that's it. Because it's just not good enough to put pictures in photo albums. We must also journal the events, label all necessary people involved, and (of course) decorate the whole enchilada! Embellish, I mean...Embellish them. It's not just decorating. It's improving and adding to the meaning, the artistic enjoyment, the flair of it all! You probably won't understand unless you are one of the chosen ones. We are a sisterhood bound together by the bonds of paper, adhesives and eyelets. We can spot a sale on embellishments a mile away. When a coupon for the craft stores comes to our doors, we hit the shop in droves, all hoping for a glimpse of that perfect trinket to complete our latest project. There are usually 5 or so in progress at any given time. But I digress.

The weekend began on Thursday with me taking off in the van with my friends. Just us girls. What fun. We settled into our hotel just in time for my first phone call. "Hello?" "Hi, it's me. Meghan just threw up all over YOUR car! What do I do?!" (Insert quick explanation, encouraging and CALM advice here.) As you'd expect, there were a few other calls following that one, but the crisis was eventually over. I was very proud of my husband. There was a time not long ago, when I'd have been begged (i.e. told) to come straight home to help. He handled it all by himself and did a great job. I felt bad being away from home having fun, while my baby girl was sick. But Daddy stepped up to the plate, and she was better a day later. Thank you Lord!

To make a looong story short, we came, we bought, we scrapped 'till we dropped! It was a very productive time, as the products were to be used as Christmas presents for the families. Sorry guys, now you know what you're getting. I'm sure you're not surprised. :) The best part? When I returned home. My family was well, getting along and happy to see me. I hugged, I loved on 'em, then...I crashed! I've been sick ever since.

1 comment:

TwinLawyerMommy said...

Oh, no! Get better. Also, if you would like to be picked up from the airport, could you forward me your itinerary? :) (I'm trying to coordinate picking up you and my brother who arrives and leaves on the same days.) Have a good one, cjm